How to Prepare for Christmas / Shopping in October
Monday October 10, 2011
Guest Blogger Kris Bondin from Bills to Pay
With Christmas less than a quarter away, now is the time to start planning for Christmas presents for your loved ones. Bills to Pay would like to offer some useful tips that can not only save you money but minimise your stress levels financially as well as emotionally.
* Our first tip is to allocate a set amount per person by creating a Christmas budget which lists all the names of people you intend on buying Christmas presents for. Once you have this list, allocate a set amount of money you wish to spend on them, this will give you a quick snap shot of what your expected outflows will be due to the festive season. This tip is no different to how you would budget your day to day expenses.
* Our second tip is to do your research now and monitor prices over the next few month, items may go on sale, so take advantage of this to save money.
* The next tip is to use online sites and catalogues to compare prices, the use of the internet at your fingertips gives you a great opportunity to research items and costs as well as not having to drive from one retail outlet to another.
* This next tip may be odd, but if you have a large family and times are tough, organise a Kris Kringle type even, this will give everyone an opportunity to spend more money and getting a good present that just providing more presents of lesser value.
* Lastly and most importantly, don’t fall for the trap of buying on credit, make sure you have the funds available before you make the commitment and swipe your credit card, only give what you can afford.
About Bills to Pay
Bills to Pay are Australia’s most cost effective budgeting company, which assists people with managing their personal finances ultimately helping them to reduce their financial stress, achieve their financial goals and save money.